Seeing as how it's already March (insert obligatory "time flies!" comment here) it's time for my monthly update on my New Year's resolutions progress. Though it could be summed up rather simply by saying "not much progress," here are the details:
1. I will learn to use my new dSLR camera. I finished my eight week photography course and am now much more confident in my ability to use my dSLR camera. I understand the different functions of my camera and know how to use them. I understand the (very) basics of photography. This does not equal amazing, inspired pictures but it does mean I don't shoot in automatic and my photos don't come out blurry. I'm happy with this progress and look forward to taking lots of non-blurry pictures of Baby B in a few months. Until then, and only because this post would be otherwise devoid of pictures, here are some of my super typical, pedestrian photography student pictures:
Flowers and birds. Could they be any more cliche?
2. I will not punch the trainers at the Y when they remind me that "Consistency is the key to success." I did something worse than punch a trainer - I cancelled my membership. Since I've been more likely to fall asleep at 8pm than make it to the gym, I thought I might be wasting my money on the Y membership. Plus, between doctor's order not to get the heart rate above 140 bpm and the ban on treadmills, ellipticals, spin bikes, etc. after I "pop" (balance concerns), I figured I could get my exercise by walking outside in the beautiful weather for free. How's that for justification of laziness? Let's call #2 a major fail. I PROMISE to rejoin as soon as the doctor gives me the all clear to exercise post-baby.
3. The infamous mirror will be hung in 2011! (For those of you keeping track, it has now been in the box in the corner of our bedroom for a year and a half. Oh, the shame.) Another major fail. Still in the box. SEND HANDYMAN- STAT!
4. I will bake bread. From scratch. I'm starting to sound like a broken record - no progress. I did make banana bread and a lemon loaf. But no yeasted bread.
5. It's been almost two years since we got married. It's time to make an album of our wedding pictures. No more progress here.
6. Drink more water. Still doing really well on this. I'm drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day. (And quickly wearing a path in the carpet between my office and the restroom.)
7. The windows in our dining room, guest room and master bedroom need shutters or blinds (and have since we moved in two and a half years ago). I'll check that off the list in 2011. Did some research and decided blinds won't work so I'm researching shutters now. I have a list of companies to call out for estimates.
8. Try five new local restaurants. I tried two new local restaurants this month, bringing the total up to three for the year. Ryan of Ryan's Pearl took me to a great little place called Pio Pio that served the most delicious Colombian food. The calamari appetizer was to die for and the chicken was heavenly. Even better than the food - the company. Ryan is an absolute doll and it was so fun to meet her! I also tried a new burger restaurant downtown called Pine 22. Verdict: tasty burger but I won't ever go back. (Ventilation was terrible, I left stinking like a cheeseburger. Barf.)
9. Bring my lunch to work more often. Another major fail. Once a week, at best.
Wow - this might be the most boring post I've ever written. Maybe montly status updates aren't necessary.